Sunday, January 23, 2011

18. Bath Sketch, England


Roman Baths, Bath, England

This my eighteenth and final sketch for The Sketchbook Project and the final destination for me and my husband's big Europe trip! Our last stop, as you have probably already guessed, was back in England: Bath! Once again, very beautiful. We spent about four days here -resting and sightseeing. We did the hop-on hop-off bus tour once again. I was interested in all the Jane Austin destinations and information. I could see one of her stories easily coming to life there! Beautiful and quite romantic. I've sketched the fascinating Roman Baths. We were able to taste the water too. Urgh! The markets in the main shopping area were incredible. The amount of customers crowding to buy from the stalls was amazing to see. I would love to set up a stall there one day!!

Well, this project has been a lot of fun. I had wanted to sketch while I was on the trip, but I was too busy sight-seeing and too exhausted by the evenings. So I'm really glad that I got to take a trip down memory lane and sketch them all now for this project. I hope you have enjoyed reading all the stories and seeing my sketches!

Now, back to pottery...

No comments:

Post a Comment